Nordic Institute for Product Sustainability, Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology
was established in 2010 with the aim of making research, development, information and consulting.
- Chemistry, uses, pathways, occurrence and effects of polyfluorinated chemicals (PFCs, PFASs).
- PFAS in cosmetics and outdoor clothes.
- Assessment and communication of the hazards of halogenated flame retardants and other persistent organic pollutants (POPs).
- Remediation and incineration of wastes contaminated with POPs.
- PCB in buildings, indoor air and waste.
- Exposure to environmental and occupational carcinogens, e.g. styrene, quinoline, cobalt, vinyl chloride etc. og substitutionsmuligheder.
- Life cycle management (LCM), LCA impact assessment (LCIA), ecolabeling criteria and Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs).
Concepts and assessment tools for greening of products and their value chains, for example:
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Life Cycle Management
- Ecolabeling and Environmental Product Declarations
- Environmental Design
- Green and Sustainable Chemistry
- Sustainable value chains
Announcements and Advertisement
The DIOXIN 2018 conference or the 38th International Symposium on Halogenated Persistent Organic Pollutants will be held in Krakow, Poland,...read more
The SETAC Europe 28th Annual Meeting will be held in Rome, Italy, from 13-17 May 2018 with the subtitle “Responsible...read more
30 April – 2 May 2018 the CIRP Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) conference returns to Copenhagen (Denmark), 25 years after the...read more
This post is also available in: Danish